Wednesday, May 28, 2008

My Girl



Joo Yoo Rin is an imposter, proficient in English, Chinese, and Japanese, while Seol Gong Chan is the second generation heir of a big corporation. Because of his grandfather's illness, he is forced to ask Yoo Rin to act as his long-lost cousin so that his grandfather's last wish can be fulfilled. So therefore, they are both bound in a lie that no-one in the family knows the truth.

Gong Chan's charming and intelligent ex-girlfriend, Kim Sae Hyun, grew up in a rich family and dreams to become a world-famous tennis star with the nickname "Sharapova of Korea". Upon returning to Korea after winning the title, she works hard at getting back with Gong Chan, thus causing both she and Yoo Rin to compete for Gong Chan's affection.

To make matters more complicated, womanizer Seo Jeong Woo, who is Gong Chan's best friend, falls for Yoo Rin and finally learns to love that special someone despite being an "accomplished" playboy.



One of the best Korean dramas I have ever seen. :)

I am hands-down to Lee Da Hae's acting here. She's perfect for the role of Ju Yoo Rin. I think its hard to make people cry but its definitely harder to make people laugh!!! And with Yoo Rin's character, you will DEFINITELY laugh! This is my first time to watch Lee Da Hae on Kdramas, and I wasn't disappointed. I am familiar with her other drama, Green Rose, but I wasn't too keen to watch it because it has too much crying!!

Anyway, I have nothing but high praises for Lee Da Hae. She's one hell of an actress. She carried the show on her own. Her comedic timings were right, and I wouldn't consider her facial expressions to be over reacting. Just right. I couldn't imagine any other actress playing Ju Yoo Rin!



For Lee Dong Wook, he's just so good looking and hot! He's one of the motivations, on why I want to watch the drama. But sad to say, his acting is not that fabulous yet. He is still a baby when it comes to acting. There were some scenes when he cries too much, and I just wanna shout at him "What a face!", but still he's cute. His character, Seol Gong Chan is such a goody-two shoes. Always taking orders from his grandfather. But come to think of it, if he didn't follow his grandfather's order to look for his cousin, he wouldn't meet Yoo Rin. :)


For Lee Joon Ki, at first, I wasn't impressed that he is playing a "player" role. He's just not that appealing to me. But I would have to say that he did some justice to the role. I begin to find myself saying "Ah, he could do it." Okay, Seo Jeong Woo was a playboy, but when he met Yoo Rin, he became a one-woman man. Too bad it didn't work out, coz hello! He's just a supporting character.

Park Si Yeon is one of the most beautiful Korean actresses. Her beauty is just exotic, and she's also perfect for playing the role of Kim Se Hyun. Kim Se Hyun is perfect from head to toe, she has everything she could ever want but she couldn't the one thing she truly desires. And that is Seol Gong Chan. She should just have faced the reality that she chose her dream, and that is why Gong Chan's love for her was transferred to Ju Yoo Rin.

I love how at the end of each episode, the last scene would be freezed and it just captured the emotions of the characters. Like this one from Se Hyun and Jeong Woo, a classic! I love it!
And of course, I have always waited for the final episode of My Girl because of Jae Hee and Han Chae Young! Aaah. Their Mong Ryong and Chun Hyang chemistry is still there, after about a year or so?! Seeing them together again is truly a blessing for the fans!! Hope to see them in more cameo roles!

1 comment:

wonder girl said...

love your blogs.. its really me..hehe
..kip it up:)