Friday, June 27, 2008

Hello Miss

Photobucket

I watched Hello Miss here.
Lee Soo Ha, 38th granddaughter of the Jae Ahn Lee clan and owner of the clan manor Hwa Ahn Dang, is trying to save the place from going bankrupt. Hwang Dong Gyu, oldest grandson of the president of TOP Group, is trying to buy Hwa Ahn Dang because his grandfather, who was once a servant at the manor, cannot rest in peace unless he spends his last days in Hwa Ahn Dang's master suite. Hwang Chan Min, Dong Gyu's playboy cousin, is his rival in business and love. Enter Seo Hwa Ran, a model who has a secret history with and a secret plan for Hwa Ahn Dang (and Chan Min), and Lee Joon Yong, Soo Ha's brother and Chan Min's friend who can't forget a girl from Hwa Ahn Dang he knew when he was a kid...
This drama is adapted from the novel, "Kimchi Mandu
photos source

I was interested to watch this drama because I'm a fan of Lee Da Hae. I've read a couple of reviews about this, and they said it was funny. But a friend of mine said that the story is not really that amazing. That didn't stop me from watching this drama. I am also very interested on how Lee Ji Hoon and Lee Da Hae would work up on their chemistry. Expect me to compare their chemistry with Lee Dong Wook and LDH's chemistry on My Girl.

Photobucket

For me, LDH's beauty was really shining in this Korean drama! But I didn't see it immediately. Because in the first few episodes, she always wore the HANBOK. I have nothing against the traditional Korean dress, but she didn't really have any appeal while wearing those. When Chan Min dressed her up (the photo above), everyone was taken by Aegisshi.

As usual, LDH's acting is superb. Her character, Lee Su Ha is the complete opposite of My Girl's Joo Yoo Rin. Lee Su Ha is taught never to lie to others. Her life is focused on Hwa Ahn Dang. She is kind of stupid or should I say ignorant when she went to Seoul. A certified country bumpkin. She first believed that every person is kind, then she met her younger sister, Lee Jun Ha. Then, when she realized that people would take advantage of your weaknesses, she accused Hwang Dong Gyu of fraud. How unfair. But then, because of destroying Dong Gyu's phone, and after it was fixed, she browsed on his phone, and right on to her face, she knew how much Dong Gyu likes her.


Photobucket

I love how at the start of the story, they got into the business immediately. Starting on how Lee Su Ha and Hwang Dong gyu met, not bad. I love Hwang Dong Gyu! A very funny guy. He's charming in an unconventional way. I love the fact that the lead guy was the first one to fall in love, and he didn't deny his feelings. A true man. An unconventional Korean drama again. We're so used to having the lead girl fall for the guy first. So this was definitely a change. Dong Gyu was doing all the chasing to Aegisshi. I love it.

Photobucket

Suh Hwa Ran/ Kkot Bun is the typical antagonist, with bitterness clouding her system. Fine, it was always Aegisshi, respected at Hwa Ahn Dang, but she didn't have to be a biyatch. I really hate her, and the fact that she hates her mom, I hated her more! Her mom loves her so much even though Hwa Ran did all of the bad things. She has a plastic beauty, which I think represents how Korea is in favor of plastic surgeries, and how their standards of beauty are defined with surgeries! Just my opinion.

Photobucket

There's Hwang Chan Min, the typical playboy. I actually hated his guts that he uses Aegisshi for his own good, then when the bad things happened, he puts all the blame to Dong Gyu. But still, in this drama, it is evident that the good guys always win, no matter what. In fairness, he really fell for Aegisshi. But I don't like that he knows Aegisshi likes Dong Gyu, yet he remained silent. Just because of a girl you would forsake your brother? He's cute in an awkward and very weird way. But his good looks is not enough to sweep Aegisshi off her feet.


Photobucket

Lee Jun Yeong, Su Ha's brother, is so cute!!! I kind of wished that he is one of LDH's leading men in this drama. Weird, but they had some chemistry. Not as siblings, but lovers!! And that is why I can't help but express my feelings for him! He's a sweet guy, the typical guy you would want to bring home to your mommy, and the guy you would want for a boyfriend. Suh Hwa Ran was really lucky that despite her insecurities, this guy makes her feel really secure. Awww.

Photobucket

Overall, I like this drama. There's a lot of chemistry between Dong Gyu and Su Ha but I would have to say that it is underdeveloped. Haha. I wish they would've made more romantic scenes. They're a cute couple and all that, but their chemistry wasn't maximized to its full potential. Haha. I wish they would pair up again in the future, and more intimate scenes please!

I love Dong Gyu and his loyal assistant, Representative Jang, and how Dong Gyu would hit his head. Funny, funny, funny! Their relationship also symbolizes extreme loyalty, which I believe is a good thing.

Photobucket

I didn't like the ending that much because it looked like it was rushed. Like "Hey, we have to do this because it is the last episode already!" Bad. I also think this drama should be entitled "Hwa Ahn Dang". Haha. Because the story revolves so much around the clan state.

This drama also heavily promotes Korean culture, from the Aegisshi lifestyle, to the wedding! Very Traditional Korean stuffs. Nothing against it, its just that maybe they could have given the lead characters more sweet scenes then I wouldn't have to despise the too much Korean flavor of the drama. This drama gives a good laugh, so its still interesting to watch.

Final words: Its a good drama, but there's something lacking in it. And you can't figure out what is it even though you have finished watching the epilogue.

No comments: